IOSH Working Safely Course
This is a one-day course for staff from any sector with no supervisory or managerial responsibility. It provides a grounding in the essentials of health and safety – everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for people from any sector and at any level who need a basic understanding of the occupational health and safety. No prior health & safety knowledge is required.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise a common range of safety and health hazards present in the workplace
- Undertake work without undue risk to the safety of themselves or others
- Understand the importance of using appropriate workplace precautions for specified risks
- Know when to seek advice on workplace precautions
- Provide assistance in preparing risk assessments
- Understand and comply with their Company’s health & safety policy
- Know about importance of reporting near misses and accidents
- Assist managers in implementing and maintaining a health and safety management system
Content of Course
The course comprises 5 core modules delivered over the day.
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
For delegates who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments, there is a choice of accreditation, either an IOSH Working safely certificate or an IOSH passport card.